USA Rice Federation staff will provide rice industry members with an overview and explanation of the key provisions of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008 (the recently enacted 2008 farm bill) at meetings to be held in Arkansas and northeast Louisiana, July 21-23.
The meetings will provide rice producers, landowners, other industry members and allied businesses answers to questions they have about the new farm law and its rice-specific provisions.
The schedule for the meetings is as follows:
• July 21, 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Richland Community Center (Rayville Civic Center), 827 Louisa Street, Rayville, La. Lunch will be provided following the meeting.
• July 21, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Bayou Grain and Chemical Corporation, 2159 Highway 165 South, Parkdale, Ark. Dinner will be provided at the meeting.
• July 22, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Dale Bumpers National Rice Research Center, 2890 Highway 130 East, Stuttgart, Ark. Refreshments will be provided.
• July 23, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Delta Tech Center - Bill Thomas Building, 1790 North Falls Boulevard, Wynne, Ark. Refreshments will be provided.
• July 23, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Farm Credit MidSouth, 3000 Prosperity Drive, Jonesboro, Ark. Refreshments will be provided.
All rice industry members and others involved in agriculture are encouraged to attend one of these meetings.