American Agri-Women (AAW) has announced speakers for its June 9 symposium, Who’s Feeding the Hysteria? Finding the Sensible in Sensationalized Issues.
• Sharon Bomer Lauritsen, executive vice president of the Food and Agriculture Section, Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO);
• Emily Olson, director of public policy, National Corn Growers Association;
• Joel Newman, president and CEO, American Feed Industry Association;
• Amy Philpott, vice president, marketing and industry relations, United Fresh Produce Association (international fresh produce trade association); and
• Steve Kopperud, senior vice president, Policy Directions, Inc. (government affairs company specializing in production agriculture, food and research/health related issues).
They will address food safety, nutrition, and food cost issues, in an effort to address food-related perceptions.
The symposium will be held in Washington, D.C., in Room 107-A of the Jamie Whitten Administration Building at 12th and Independence Avenue from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The symposium in open to the public and a transcript of the proceedings will be available soon afterward.
American Agri-Women is the nation’s largest coalition of farm, ranch and agribusiness women, with 50 state, commodity, agribusiness affiliate organizations and collegiate chapters throughout the country.
AAW is a volunteer organization, working to provide information about agriculture to the public since 1974.