A Soybean Production and Planning Meeting will be held Dec. 8-9 at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood, Miss. The center is on Hwy. 7, approximately a half mile north of the intersection of Hwy. 82 and Hwy. 7 in Greenwood.
Presentations will be made by Mississippi State University research and Extension specialists. There will be roundtable discussions and input from growers on research and Extension needs.
Topics and speakers include:
• 2008 soybean crop overview, Trey Koger.
• Weed management and resistance, Tom Eubank.
• Bedding systems, Brewer Blessitt.
• Soybean diseases, Tom Allen and Billy Moore.
• Bean leaf beetle issues, Angus Catchot.
• Soybean looper control issues, Jeff Gore.
CEU units will be available and lunch will be provided.
For more information, contact Trey Koger at (662) 207-1604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors include BASF, Bayer, Cullum Seed, Delta Farm Press, DuPont/Pioneer, Helena, Monsanto, NK Seed/Syngenta, Progeny, Terral, UAP (Dyna-Gro), Valent, and AMVAC.