Hybrid economics, disease resistance, identity preservation all on agenda
RiceTec, Inc., the leading U.S. developer of hybrid rice seed, has set dates for 10 field tours – five in Arkansas, two in Texas and one each in Louisiana, Mississippi and Missouri.
Growers will learn about the yield consistency, disease resistance, grain quality and sustainability of the hybrid rice product. A meal is planned at each event.
The field tour schedule includes:
• Mid-Delta Field Day,Wednesday, July 11, 5:30 p.m. Fioranelli Brothers Farm, 5 miles east of Old Hwy 61 on Drew-Merigold Rd., Cleveland, Miss.
• Knobel, Ark., Field Tour, Tuesday, July 17, 10 a.m. Meet at Ricky Davidson’s shop on Hwy 135 south of Y.
• Garwood, Texas, Field Tour, Thursday, July 19, 4:30 p.m. St. Mary’s Parish Hall, 1261 Old Nada Road, Nada, Texas.
• Jackson County Field Tour, Thursday, July 19, 6 p.m. Mark McGaughey’s Farm Shop, Newport, Ark.
• Butler County Field Tour, Tuesday, July 24, 10 a.m. Clark Farms, 8669 Hwy 53, Poplar Bluff, Mo.
• Cross County Field Tour, Tuesday, July 24, 6:30 p.m. RiceTec Strip Trial, State Hwy 259, .5 miles south of Hwy 42, Hickory Ridge, Ark.
• Grand Prairie Appreciation Dinner, Wednesday, July 25, 6 p.m. Grand Prairie Center, 2870 Hwy 165 South, Stuttgart, Ark.
• Winnie, Texas, RiceTec Field Day, Thursday, July 26, 4:30 p.m. Winnie-Stowell Community Building, 335 South Park.
• Arkansas RiceTec Field Day 2012, Thursday, August 2, 8 a.m. RiceTec Business Center, 15329 Hwy 1, Harrisburg, Ark.
• Mowata, La., Field Tour, Thursday, Sept. 13, 8:30 a.m. Hundley Brothers Farm.
To learn more about scheduled RiceTec field tours, growers can visit RiceTec.com, call toll-free (877) 580-7423, or contact their local RiceTec sales or technical representative.