Terral Seed is introducing five new corn hybrids for 2005. According to the company, all are adapted to southern growing conditions with the necessary stalk strength, shuck coverage, kernel texture and disease tolerance. Descriptions of the varieties are also provided by the company.
- Terral TV23R31 is a 111- to 113-day relative maturity (RM), Roundup Ready hybrid. It is a flex ear type with excellent shuck coverage. It has gold-orange kernels with high test weight. It is a good choice for minimum-tillage and has excellent tolerance to rust and blight.
- Terral TV25BR23 is a 113- to 115-day RM hybrid with Roundup Ready and YieldGard Corn Borer. It has superior yield potential. It is a medium-tall plant. Good tolerance to common and Southern rust.
- Terral TV26BR41 is a 114- to 116-day RM hybrid with Roundup Ready and YieldGard Corn Borer. It is adapted for higher populations and very high yields. It has good tolerance to common and Southern rust. It has excellent tolerance to Southern and Northern blight. It has excellent shuck cover and ear retention.
- Terral TV26B23 is a 114- to 116-day RM hybrid with YieldGard Corn Borer. Its girthy flex ear produces top yields. It has hard kernels with excellent test weight. It is a tall plant with medium-high ear placement.
- Terral TV26B34 is a 114- to 116-day RM hybrid with YieldGard Corn Borer. It is a high-yielding, semi-flex ear style and is very responsive to irrigation and high-yield environments.