U.S. Representatives Martha Roby (R-Ala.) and Sanford D. Bishop Jr. (D-Ga.) have announced the re-formation of the Congressional Peanut Caucus for the 113th Congress.
The group of 17 lawmakers representing states with significant peanut farming and production will work together to ensure that peanut interests have a voice in Congress and that peanut issues are taken into account in agricultural legislation.
Roby and Bishop will again co-chair the group. “We saw last Congress what a difference it makes when members from peanut-producing states team up to ensure our interests are considered on equal footing in agriculture legislation,” Roby said.
Members of the Congressional Peanut Caucus are:
• Rep. Martha Roby (R-Ala.) co-chair
• Rep. Sanford D. Bishop Jr. (D-Ga.) co-chair
• Rep. John Barrow (D-Ga.)
• Rep. Jo Bonner (R-Ala.)
• Rep. George K. Butterfield (D-N.C.)
• Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.)
• Rep. Michael Conaway (R-Texas)
• Rep. Rick Crawford (R-Ark.)
• Rep. Randy Forbes (R-Va.)
• Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.)
• Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.)
• Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.)
• Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.)
• Rep. Austin Scott (R-Ga.)
•Rep. Terri Sewell (D-Ala.)
• Rep. Steve Southerland (R-Fla.)
• Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.)