Here’s a look at upcoming events from the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture:
- Thursday, August 25– Judd Hill Field Day, Trumann.
The 2011 Cotton Field Day at Judd Hill will feature information on improving fiber quality, resistant weed management, wirelessly controlled irrigation and other production issues. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. and field tours depart from the Judd Hill office at 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. For more information, contact Fred Bourland at (870) 526-2199, ext. 101. The Judd Hill farm is located south of Trumann on Hwy. 214. For more information, see here.
- September 8 – Drought Management Meeting, Hope.
For cattle producers coping with drought. To be held at Southwest Research and Extension Center, Hope. Participation limited to 125. Register in advance by calling your county Extension office. Cost is $10.
- September 13 –Drought Management Meeting, Glenwood.
For cattle producers coping with drought. To be held at Cattlemen’s Livestock Barn, 56 U.S. Hwy. 70 E, Glenwood. Participation limited to 125. Register in advance by calling your county Extension office. Cost is $10.
- September 29– Forestry/Wildlife Field Day, Savoy Research Unit, Fayetteville. Details TBA.
- October 5-8 – 4-H Southern Region Volunteer Forum, Ferndale.
Arkansas will host this regional event at the C.A. Vines Arkansas 4-H Center.
- October 22 – Forestry Field Day, Hope, at the Southwest Research and Extension Center. Details TBA.