Farmers attending this year’s Mid-South Farm & Gin Show will not only be able to check out more than 400 exhibits of the latest equipment, products, and services, they’ll also be offered several educational sessions with information critical to this year’s decision-making, and they’ll have the opportunity to interact with other farmers and their families.
“It’s a three-way package — two days packed with opportunities for face-to-face discussions with key agribusiness leaders, marketing experts, researchers, and others who can provide insight into what’s shaping up in agriculture this year,” says Tim Price, executive vice president of the Southern Cotton Ginners Association, which sponsors the show to be held Feb. 27-28 at the Memphis Cook Convention Center.
And, he adds, a weekend in Memphis also offers time for family fun, good food, and things to do.
This is the 57th year for the show, co-sponsored by Delta Farm Press.
“We have more new exhibits than ever before,” Price says, “with many new technologies, products, and services that can be seen in the Mid-South only at this show. There’ll be literally hundreds of experts from industry, Extension, research, and other fields who will be available to talk with farmers.
“This has been one of the most difficult years ever for farmer decision-making, and we’ll have a broad array of educational sessions to update growers on the market outlook for Mid-South crops, including the extremely popular marketing seminar by Richard Brock.
“We’ll have an added level of educational exhibits this year to provide the latest information on biofuels research, health care, skin screening, and other areas of importance to farmers and their families.”
Also, Price notes, the show is always a gathering place for farm families to meet old friends, make new acquaintances, and participate in farmer-to-farmer dialogue.
Top 10 reasons to attend Mid-South Farm & Gin Show
10. Interact with a diverse group of people, products and services from across the country and around the world while doing business and networking in an enjoyable and comfortable indoor setting.
9. Visit with thousands of farmers from around the world and get a first look at the newest technology, services and products— more in one place than anywhere else in the Mid-South!
8. Register to win fabulous prizes — more than $4,000 in cash awarded throughout the Show, register to win a registered Labrador puppy, or enjoy interactive displays including NASCAR simulators.
7. BAR-BEE-Q — Enjoy Corky’s award-winning BBQ, mountainous nachos and other specialties.
6. Essential updates and workshops on key legislative and marketing issues with leading commodity experts — all for free!
5. Music and dancing at the world-famous Peabody Hotel Saturday night featuring The Krackerjacks — for you and your clients’ entertainment and business discussions.
4. Enjoy the international crossroads city of Memphis — the history, culture, food and music.
3. Hear ever-popular market economist Richard Brock outline what he expects for the year ahead — a complimentary lively, informative and entertaining workshop!
2. Learn how to address market volatility and uncertainty and hear what others are doing — this is the place to glean information from farmers, industry experts, and specialists that can help you make impending decisions.
1. Support U.S. agriculture as a dynamic, innovative and progressive industry by attending this 57th American agriculture event — the premier forum for sharing ideas, meeting friends and family, and being a part of where it all comes together.