Research at the LSU AgCenter Northeast Research Station on corn, cotton and soybeans will be featured at the pest management and crop production field day on June 19.
The event starts with registration at 8:30 a.m. and a field tour at 9 a.m. A lunch will be provided.
Topics will include:
- Influence of corn hybrids on optimal plant population and yield.
- Effect of planting date and maturity group selection on soybean production.
- Management of thrips and other insect pests in cotton.
- Redbanded stinkbug control in soybeans.
- Nitrogen recommendations for corn in Louisiana and current enhanced-efficiency nitrogen products.
- Moisture effects on residual herbicide activation.
- Soil management practices to reduce erosion and nutrient loss.
“In addition, pest management and crop production updates will be provided following the field tour,” said Donnie Miller, resident coordinator at the station.
The station is located at 4589 Louisiana Highway 605, St. Joseph, La.