• DoubleTake is a broad-spectrum insecticide which features superior knockdown and lasting residual control of insect pests in soybean, peanut, cotton and pepper crops. It offers long-lasting residual protection and controls all stages of insect life — from eggs to adults.
Chemtura AgroSolutions announces that DoubleTake insecticide has received registration from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
DoubleTake is a broad-spectrum insecticide which features superior knockdown and lasting residual control of insect pests in soybean, peanut, cotton and pepper crops. It offers long-lasting residual protection and controls all stages of insect life — from eggs to adults.
“DoubleTake will be a powerful protective force for growers,” says Don Guy, Chemtura AgroSolutions marketing manager, Ag Chemicals Division. “It uses multiple modes of action, and works through both neurotoxic and insect growth regulator (IGR) effects. Furthermore, field trials show yield enhancements are possible when DoubleTake is applied to peanut and soybean crops.”
• Stink bugs (including brown marmorated stink bugs);
• Kudzu bugs;
• Worms — armyworms (fall, beet, southern, yellow-striped, true), European corn borer, corn earworm, velvetbean caterpillar, lesser cornstalk borer, green cloverworm and others;
• Bean leaf beetles;
• Three-cornered alfalfa hoppers;
• Pepper weevils;
• Early season boll weevil control on contact and also by suppression of reproduction in adult females.
It also offers suppression of:
• Two-spotted spider mites;
• Whiteflies -Banded winged -Sweet potato.
“Chemtura AgroSolutions is especially excited to be able to offer DoubleTake for superior knockdown and long residual control against the brown marmorated stink bug, which is becoming a challenge for soybean farmers in Mid-Atlantic, Northeast and Eastern regions,” notes Guy.
And, DoubleTake’s control of the kudzu bug will also be a welcome addition for growers because this pest is a rapidly growing concern for soybean farmers in Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Mid-South regions, he adds.
For more information on DoubleTake, visit DoubleTakeInsecticide.com or contact your Chemtura AgroSolutions representative or local agricultural chemical supplier.