THE 2001-02 cotton leadership class has been announced by the National Cotton Council's Leadership Development Committee.
- Producers - Dooie Leach, Raeford, N.C.; Jay Minter, Tyler, Ala.; Karen Ollerton, Casa Grande, Ariz.; and Roger Schuh, Madera, Calif.
- Ginner - Kent Fountain, Surrency, Ga.
- Warehouseman - Tommy Clodfelter, Ralls, Texas.
- Merchant - Buck Dunavant, Memphis.
- Crusher - Billy Breedlove, Greenwood, Miss.
- Cooperative - Stan McMikle, Albany, Ga.
- Manufacturer - Evans Tindal, Cheraw, S.C.
During their first session Sept. 9-14 in Mid-South, the group will get briefed on NCC/industry issues, attend NCC's fall board of directors meeting; observe cotton production and merchandising operations; tour a USDA cotton classing office; participate in communications training; and visit DuPont Agricultural Products office.
During five other weeks of activity across the Cotton Belt, class members will visit with industry leaders and observe innovative cotton production, processing and cutting-edge research.
The program, which seeks to identify potential industry leaders and provide them developmental training, has been supported since its 1983 inception by grants from DuPont to Cotton Foundation.