John Beasley, Extension peanut agronomist with the University of Georgia, will be the keynote speaker for the Mississippi Peanut Growers Association annual meeting and Peanut Short Course in Hattiesburg, Miss., Jan. 8-9.
Beasley will speak at a dinner at the Forrest County Extension Service office on the night of Jan. 8. The dinner will follow an association board meeting and lunch the morning of Jan. 8 and registration and a general session that afternoon.
The short course will continue with presentations from other university specialists at the Forrest County Extension office beginning at 8 a.m., Jan. 9. Those speakers will include:
• Mike Howell, area agronomist with the Mississippi Cooperative Extension Service.
• Barry Tillman, Extension agronomist, University of Florida.
• Trey Bullock, consultant.
• Barry Brecke, weed scientist, University of Florida.
• Albert Culbreath, Extension specialist, University of Georgia.
• Bob Kemerait, Extension plant pathologist, University of Georgia.
• John Black, agricultural economist, Mississippi State University.
The Forrest County Extension Office is located at 952 Sullivan Drive, Hattiesburg. For more information, contact Mike Howell at (601) 765-8252.