- The LSU AgCenter Dean Lee Research and Extension field day on July 19 will feature presentations on biofuels, cotton, corn, soybeans and cattle.
The LSU AgCenter Dean Lee Research and Extension field day on July 19 will feature presentations on biofuels, cotton, corn, soybeans and cattle.
The event will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. at the State Evacuation Center on U.S. Highway 71. Field tours will begin at 9 a.m.
The field day will provide Louisiana row crop and beef cattle producers as well as agricultural consultants, agricultural industry personnel and all individuals dealing with agriculture in Louisiana with information covering production strategies, said LSU AgCenter weed scientist Daniel Stephenson.
The field tour topics will include:
- Biofuel crops.
- Soil texture effects on corn and cotton production.
- Weed management in fallow soybean and sugarcane fields.
- Beef cattle research and using legumes to complement grass pastures.
- Soybean fertilization and insect management.
- Soil compaction.
- Field crop disease research.
Other LSU AgCenter and Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry representatives will speak following the field tours along with a video presentation on the 125th anniversary of the Louisiana Agricultural Experiment Station.
“The field tour will feature LSU AgCenter scientist who focus on crop agronomy and disease, insect and weed management,” Stephenson said.