- The YMD Joint Water Management District is hosting two irrigation meetings in February.
- First meeting will be in Stoneville, Miss., on Feb. 8.
- Second meeting will be in Clarksdale, Miss., on Feb. 16.
The YMD Joint Water Management District is hosting two irrigation meetings in February. The meetings are designed to educate local farmers on the latest information regarding irrigation methods, federal cost-share programs, YMD activities, and current water supply issues.
The first meeting will be held at the Charlie Capps building in Stoneville, Miss., on Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 9 a.m.
The second meeting will be held at the Coahoma Community College in Clarksdale, Miss., on Thursday, Feb. 16, at 1 p.m.
There is no registration fee.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Irrigation methods – Mississippi State University.
- Federal Technical and Financial Assistance Programs – NRCS
- YMD water activities – YMD
- Current water supply issues – MDEQ
For more information, call (662) 686-7712 or visit www.ymd.org.