- September 5 field day for Louisiana's Macon Ridge Research Station.
- Wide variety of topics to be discussed.
A wide range of topics will be covered at the 2013 Macon Ridge Research Station Pest Management andCrop Production Field Dayset for September 5 in Winnsboro, Louisiana.
Ag news delivered daily to your inbox: Subscribe to Delta Farm Press Daily.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with field tours beginning at 9 a.m.
Among the topics to be covered:
- Effect of management practices on late-season soybean quality.
- Influence of starter fertilizer on corn and grain sorghum yield and plant development.
- Pesticide application technology.
- Pest management strategies.
- Residue management and fall fertilizer applications.
- Utilization of cover crops in production systems.
- Biofuel/biochemical crop production.
- Wheat variety selection and production practices.
For more information, see here.