What is in this article?:
- Farm Bureau annual meeting Jan. 9-12 in Atlanta
- Crop, livestock outlook update
- Speakers will assess current environmental policies and what the future holds.
- Featured conferences will address issues such as the outlook for the 2012 farm bill, food safety issues and the latest information regarding animal welfare from an agricultural perspective.
- Updates on crop and livestock markets.
Crop, livestock outlook update
Also on the agenda will be the latest update on the crops and livestock markets. Gerald Bange, chairman of the Agriculture Department’s World Agriculture Outlook Board, will provide a picture of USDA’s official supply and demand estimates and the market forces driving them.
In addition to sessions on leadership development and successful management techniques, Farm Bureau members can learn how to successfully use social media to both network with other farmers and reach out to consumers. Speakers addressing “Grassroots Engagement with Social Media” will include Dan Toland with the Ohio Farm Bureau, California rancher Jeff Fowle, Farm Bureau member and president of the AgChat Foundation, and Minnesota dairy farmer and Farm Bureau member Emily Zweber.
More than 5,000 Farm Bureau members from across the nation are expected to attend AFBF’s annual meeting. Farm Bureau members can register for the 92nd AFBF annual meeting through their state Farm Bureaus. Contact information can be found here.