- LSU AgCenter announces February meetings for Louisiana crawfish farmers.
The LSU AgCenter will hold a series of crawfish-producer meetings to bring farmers up to date on important issues.
“The meetings will be held in four Acadiana parishes to make it convenient for farmers to attend,” said Mark Shirley, LSU AgCenter regional aquaculture specialist. “The meetings are free, and anyone involved in the crawfish industry or would like to become a crawfish producer should plan to attend.”
The meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Feb. 21, 1 p.m., at the St. Landry Parish Extension Office at 1065 La. Highway 749 in Opelousas.
- Feb. 21, 6 p.m., at the Evangeline Parish Extension Office at 230 Court St. in Ville Platte.
- Feb. 22, 6 p.m., Jefferson Davis Parish Extension Office at 1006 Lake Arthur Ave. in Jennings.
- Feb. 24, 6 p.m., Vermilion Parish Extension Office at 1105 West Port St. in Abbeville.
LSU AgCenter experts will talk about pond management issues such as harvesting efficiency, nuisance wildlife control and water management. They also will discuss aspects of crawfish biology that affect population density and cause differences in production levels among ponds.