What is in this article?:
- Mississippi Rep. Childers on payments.
- USDA document outlines payment eligibility details.
(3) Aquaculture Grant Program
• USDA will provide $20 million in the form of a grant to those states where farm-raised aquaculture producers need assistance due to high feed input costs in 2009;
• Funding will be allocated to states on a pro rata basis, based on total benefits earned by all eligible 2008 aquaculture producers in each state under the 2008 AGP, authorized by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009;
• To be eligible a producer must: (1) have raised an aquaculture species in a controlled environment in 2009, (2) produced an aquaculture species for which 2009 feed costs represented at least 25 percent of the producer's total input costs for the aquaculture operation, and (3) experienced at least a 25 percent price increase of 2009 feed costs above the state’s 2003-2007 five-year average feed price;
• Average adjusted gross income and payment limitations consistent with other disaster programs will apply.