What is in this article?:
- 2009 disaster payments: details
- Assistance will be made available under the following three programs:
- (2) Lost Poultry Contract Assistance Program
- (3) Aquaculture Grant Program
- Additional Details on 2009 Disaster Assistance:
- Mississippi Rep. Childers on payments.
- USDA document outlines payment eligibility details.
(2) Lost Poultry Contract Assistance Program
• USDA will provide $60 million in the form of a grant to those states where poultry producers lost a contract due to the bankruptcy of an integrator in December of 2008;
Poultry producers must have lost their contract with the bankrupt integrator between May 1, 2008, and July 1, 2010, and were unable to enter into a subsequent contract. A grant will be made to all states with impacted producers to help cover the needs of these producers;
• Payments will be based upon a producer’s most recent 12 months receipts multiplied by a payment factor to ensure that not over $60 million is spent and no producer’s payment is over 95 percent of their previous 12 months receipts;
• Average adjusted gross income and payment limitations consistent with other disaster programs will apply.