The field day, which is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m., will feature presentations on growing cotton from start to finish along with a brief look at the station’s full season and wheat/soybean double-cropping trials. It will conclude with supper.
Presentations will include:
- Cotton hill drop and seeding test, Jonathan Siebert and Sandy Stewart, assistant professor and cotton specialist at the Station.
- Response of cotton to Liberty and Roundup drift, Donnie Miller, associate professor, Northeast Research Station.
- Cotton variety trials, Sandy Stewart.
- Envoke, Suprend and Valor for weed control in cotton, Roy Vidrine, weed scientist, Dean Lee Station.
- Liberty Link cotton trials, Roy Vidrine.
- Cotton defoliation demonstration, Sandy Stewart.
For more information, contact Vidrine or Stewart at the station, 318 473-6520 or Matt Martin, Extension agent for Rapides Parish, 318 473-6605.